Sunday, December 20, 2015

Week 39 - Amazing opportunity to serve underprivileged kids in the community!






Ready to serve!



Alright, this week has been pretty flipping awesome! First, on Tuesday we had a conference with Elder Packard of the Presidency of the 70! Then Wednesday we did some crazy cool service for this program called, Saving Smiles! It's an organization that helps underprivileged kids get dental care for free! They asked for about 20 missionaries to come help out! We were so lucky to get picked! We all got set in special spots/jobs and then we found out it was classes of second graders from 3 different schools! Needless to say we had a blast helping them out! At one point I was guiding kids to the big opperating room (I guess you could call it) where they had a bunch of dentist chairs and all that good stuff! I had to walk them down this long hallway and to make it fun I would take them in circles and they'd laugh and have a good time and then I would ask them some questions. Well, one kid I took was kind of like freaked out and I told him it was going to be fun and that he'd have a great time!! Well, when I took another group I saw him sitting there and he had tears in his eyes and I asked what's wrong?? He looked at me and said, "You said it would be fun!" and then balled his eyes out. Well let me tell you, I felt pretty crazy bad after that and no longer told them It would be fun hahah. Then the other two days we were there I got to teach them in a class about dental hygiene and all that good stuff and did it all in Spanish! Well I'd say it in English first and then sum it up in Spanish so it was an awesome opportunity to practice! :) The rest of the week we tried to stay busy by following up with investigators but they all fell through which really sucked :/ But...I know it's all for a reason. On Sunday we had church and our primary program which was a lot different then I thought it would be :p hahah It was still good though! And that night we went to a ysa (young single adult) family home evening and shared a message about the Sabbath and it's importance. After that we played this heads up game on someone's phone... lets just say me and Elder Thorne killed it and won the game! Hahah but that pretty much sums up how my week went!

Thanks for checking in! Love you guys!
~Elder Tidwell


Turkey hand garland my family sent me for Thanksgiving!

On break during our service project!

Teaching kids about dental hygiene! 



My comp and I teaching!


All of the volunteers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment