Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week 19 - 4th Of July and a new companion!

Elder C's farewell

Hello guys!!

Well, let me just say probably the hardest week of my mission… probably in my life to be honest haha. My trainer left who became my brother and I'm with a comp now that only speaks Spanish to me and who I barely know. On the good side though I know this is all for a reason. Heavenly Father has a plan for it all so no use getting down about it. One thing that really helped me get through this week was prayer and thinking about my family a lot. I know that Heavenly Father and my family will always be there for me no matter what happens. I'm so grateful to have a family like I do who is always going to be there and help me along the way. I wouldn't want to trade them for anything in the world.

This week a lot of changes have gone down in the Brozos ward I'm in! My new companion has decided that we are going to focus on less active member that we have! We have a very big list so it's a good choice! On Saturday (the 4th of July) we started off the morning with a booming breakfast from the English speaking ward at a park and it was really awesome to get to know some of the people's stories where they came from, how long they have been a member and more importantly why did they become one. It was really awesome to see what they said. Then we had a dinner bbq with the English speaking elders… Elder Cloward and Alder which was a blast! They really know how to cook in Texas let me tell you! Hahah Then we went and did some contacting but no one was home so we ended up going to visit a member and having dinner all over again! So lots of bbq which I'm okay with! I found out they have a burn ban out here in the city because of how hot and dry it gets so we didn't get to see any fireworks which kind of stunk but oh well! :)

Best thing about this week was probably when I got to give the newest member of the ward, the priesthood, which is something I won't ever forget. Something that was definitely the hardest this week was saying goodbye to Elder Christensen... It was really hard for me because you know we've gone through those hard times and we've also had really, really awesome times and those good times just really meant a lot. I know he's going to do great things when he gets back home and I can't wait to hear all about it. Something we use to do a ton… like every day was quote movies… by far one of our favorite things to do! So as he was leaving it really reminded me of “Toy Story 3” when Andy leaves Woody with Bonnie and all you see is Andy driving away and Woody says "so long partner"… definitely felt like that when he drove away, so I said the quote haha.

I know everything happens for a reason even though we might not understand now it'll all be for the good. I hope you all had a great 4th of July and hope you all stayed cool!


Love Elder Tidwell

A little scripture reading!

Pday selfie...at the request of my sister...haha


Package from home!

All of the goodies!

Saying goodbye to Elder C!



My new companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment