Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Travel Day! Texas, get ready for Elder Tidwell!

Called to Serve...Off to Houston!!


Well, Elder Tidwell left the MTC this morning and has arrived safely in Texas! Not only was I able to email with him Monday and Tuesday, I also got to talk to him on the phone before he left for Texas and after he landed and was waiting for transportation with his Mission President. What a blessing to have had this time to communicate with him! Funny thing, he already commented on the humidity and he hasn't even left the airport yet! The weather will be quite a change for him!! He is doing great and is excited to meet his trainer and get to work. When I got off the phone with him he was headed to the mission home for orientation where he will stay overnight and then will be off to his area where he will serve. It is amazing the changes that have already occurred in just 6 weeks in the MTC! He really is an amazing young man and I can't wait to hear about all of his experiences. As soon as I get his address, I will update you all. Below is his email from yesterday while he was preparing to leave. 





Hey guys! 
It’s great to be emailing you again! I leave the MTC tomorrow around 4:30 in the morning and it’s so crazy to think about leaving! This place has become almost like a home away from home and I have to leave it again. I'm really excited for Houston though and to meet my missionary trainer!! The past two days have by far been the most difficult while here. Seeing Elder Hess and all my other district members leave was so hard for me. I didn't think it was real until they were all gone. They all have had such an impact on my life and I love them all soo much! I wouldn't have ever wanted another district or in my words family. I can’t wait for us all to get back and tell our stories on how we took part in changing the world. :) I’m so thankful for the family and friends in my life who have supported me and I love you all so much! 

Next time you hear from me I’ll be in my  first week in Texas! So until then!!  I’ll talk to you guys soon!

~Elder Tidwell
Rockin my PDX gear!

Just us elders with Hermano Rowly!
Last week with these guys!
Last week with my district!



Last night all together.


Hermano Meek and Hermano Woodbury, my two other favorite teachers!

Entered the MTC as best friends...said goodbye as brothers.
















                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment