Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 8 - Crazy weather, exchanges and down 30 lbs!




Hey Everyone!

Well, I am in my second week in the mission field! Things here in Texas have been great! It’s been really rainy and there have been QUITE a few thunder and lightning storms but I love it! The rain just reminds me of Oregon that much more! :)  

This week has been a little rough as far as when we’re knocking on doors. We are able teach people the restoration and the first lesson which seems to go so amazing but then when we go to meet up with them for a second time they never answer which is pretty hard. We have one investigator who has a baptism date of May 12th but has to head back to Mexico at the end of April to deal with some visa stuff. He says he is only going to be gone a week but he’s not sure. :/ We just have to have faith and pray as much as we can. Something else that I am trying to work on is the language. It can get frustrating at times trying to speak and understand Spanish!! I just keep trying, I know that with time and perseverance I will get it down!!

This last week, we did exchanges where we split up and got to work with a different companion in another area. That was a great experience. I was able to do some service and meet new people. I am told we will be doing this once a week! It's kind of nice to switch things up. I am doing pretty well budgeting my monthly money for food and personal items! I also have lost 30 lbs since leaving for my mission! The MTC food was very iffy at times haha, and I haven't been doing all the snacking that I was doing back at home! We have averaged about 2 dinners a week with church members and this last week one family cooked some amazing fajitas and ribs! Probably my favorite meal so far.

A good thing that has been happening is that when we do go finding and knocking on doors everyone is so nice and just humble even if they have another religion they’re still willing to listen which is so nice and everyone is Spanish speaking pretty much. :P We teach an English class here at the church, well of course for people to learn English and we had someone new come with her two kids.  She has been living here for about a month and her husband is a student at Texas A&M.  She had some questions about the church after the class and when we were talking to her she broke down and was saying she doesn't have any family here and doesn't really know English and she was just scared. Me and my companion were just there for her which was amazing and she was just able to talk to us, she asked about the church and her face was just illuminated. She wanted to go on Sunday so bad but she said she had to ask her husband first and he said yes! He was so excited for her and said he wanted her to do whatever is going to make her happy and if that’s it he told her to please do it. It was so amazing to hear about that so… she is coming next Sunday and we can’t wait to show her around!

I would love to bear my testimony in Spanish if that would be okay hah :)!

Yo say que Jesucristo es nuestros slalvidor, y yo say que dios pogar los personas en su vida por un moy grande rezon, y tambien dios ama nosoltros mucho en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Well I love you all so much and I can’t wait to write you next week!



Love Elder Tidwell

Lots of rain! Notice it's almost 70 though! 

My companion for the exchange! Elder Christensen (Funny, same name as my trainer!)


My District after our meeting.


Me with Elder Bonzo.

If all else fails, I know how to make grilled cheese. (Which I learned from the best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment