Sunday, January 1, 2017

Week 96 - My 21st Birthday fun and Christmas!!


What's up fam!?! 
Well killer week for us here in Brazos! Staring from Wednesday, because that's when the real good stuff started hahah. We had the annual mission Christmas conference where the whole mission gets together and we sing songs, we talk about the mission, learn a little bit about the scriptures and watched The Nativity movie! Super awesome I loved the conference!! Definitely talked a lot about how sometimes the goals we set won't always be answered in the way we expect them too a lot like our prayers sometimes. President Mortensen also talked about the story in chapter 4 of 1st nephi when he and his brothers go to get the plates from Laban. We had a goal in the mission to get 600 baptisms and we got it done in a way we wouldn't think we would. It definitely strengthened my testimony that the lord will always provide when we go to him first. 

Friday was the other bomb day! I got lots of birthday wishes from so many friends and families it meant so much to me and I loved it! We had district meeting and I got some cake and a Toblerone  from the sisters! Later that day we went over to the Rivera's and it was probably the best birthday I've had on my mission! I feel like one of their kids and I love them so much. I got lots of awesome videos of people saying happy birthday and I heard I had a few shout outs on social media! ;) Great day... Thanks to everyone for making it so special!

Saturday and Sunday the two best days of the week! Saturday morning (Christmas Eve) we had a huge breakfast at the Morgan's with a bunch of missionaries in the stake and it was so awesome Hahahah! English missionaries little weirder then us but yeah hahah good time! I love the Morgans so much, they're like those grandparents I never got to meet kind of thing hahah they're so awesome :) Then Saturday night was a good ol classic Zapata Christmas carol! Cray cray party! Whole time we were there you'd think we'd eat like typical Christmas Eve stuff, nope we had posole which is like chicken soup it's super good and ponche! You'd think it's punch nope it's like apple cider... but not, I don't know how to explain it hahah. 

Then Sunday, we had church and then got to talk to our families!! I miss them all so much, I feel like my relationship with them has grown so much since I've been gone and I can't wait to be with them again! I want to thank them so much for everything they've done for me! They've been there through it all and I love them so much...and thank you to all the others that have been there for me as well I appreciate it all so much and I am eternally grateful for it. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Love ya lots! 
Elder Tidwell







Celebrating my 21st Bday!
The Riveras




Elder Sabotka

The going home crew!




My comps!

Elder Seamons

Froylan's baptism!





Breakfast at the Morghan's 




Hangin with Santa




Opening our Christmas presents...


Wooden watch game strong!








No comments:

Post a Comment