Thursday, May 28, 2015

Week 13 - Safe and sound!

A word from Mom...

This week I didn't hear from Tristin until Tuesday and it was pretty brief. Monday evening, I did get word that he was safe (thanks to a church member in the area he is serving), which was a huge relief. After seeing the news and what was going on there, I had definitely been a bit worried. In his email to me, he didn't give a ton of detail on the condition of his area he is living in, but did say the roads were clear now and that they are safe. He had said that there were nearby parks that were flooded really bad and that they had a tornado warning on Monday. Thanks so much to all of you who have been asking about and checking in on him! Here is his email...

Taken of the sky after we heard about the tornado warning.

I survived! 

This week has been great! Lots of service and just teaching the dickens out of the Gospel to people! We have this new family we've been teaching and they've been so prepared and we've just started talking to them about temples and family's being together forever and they just fell in love with it all!

The one thing that’s been hard this week, is we have to have these outlines done for our lessons and I have to do them in Spanish and English so it’s just really time consuming and kind of frustrating. Three of them have to be done by Tuesday and I have to have them all memorized …so yeah fun, fun, fun!

On a really good note…this week I have finally realized how far I’ve come in my life. It really doesn't help on just dwelling on what’s happened in the past but realizing where you came from and how much you've grown. Like yesterday my comp asked me to text a family and see if we could stop by later, we were doing a service project and I looked down and I had typed it all in Spanish and was about to press send. I kind of did a double take to see if I had really just typed it or not hahah. Favorite food I had this week that was just so good was this chicken I made at someone’s bbq, mmmm so good!! 

Something funny this week was well Elder C was in a little bit of a bad mood and I was able to cheer him up with some 101 Dalmatians quotes! Hahah The weather has been crazy, especially the thunder storms!! On our way to the mission conference we had on Tuesday, it was raining so hard I couldn’t see in front of me…well, I could but it was very hard and I had to stay focused and the lightning just lit up the sky it was so cool! Definitely one of my favorite parts about Texas by far(the thunder and lightning that is, not the crazy flood producing rains)! 

Thanks so much for checking in! Love you guys!

 ~ Elder Tidwell


These 2 pictures were just before we got the tornado warning...
These were pictures of the sky on our way home after we heard about the tornado warning...



Just me and the grill (I was put to work at the bday party we were invited to haha)


These lizards are everywhere!

Our new district.

Wow...I feel tall! haha

Just doing some service for a local teacher...

Elder C...hard at work ;)

Back in school again??...haha

A giant moth...

I got to see Elder P again!!
Bahama Bucks!
Just another day in Texas...
This guy is headed to the MTC...he is from a family we often have dinner with.
Haha...well this is a funny name for a road!!
My "dad"and two "brothers".

No comments:

Post a Comment