Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 32 - Out for 8 months this week!

Hey guys!!

This week has been pretty awesome to say the least!! We had zone meeting on Friday with my favorite zone I've had! Hah! I got a call on Thursday from a number I didn't know and it was Elder Jorquera, my last comp, in his new area and asked if I could pick him and his trainee up for zone meeting! I totally forgot he was even in my zone still! So we got to their apartments (which by the way are ridiculously nice… like wow!) and picked them up and bobbed over to the meeting. On our way there we talked all about how our areas are and how we’re each doing personally and as a companionship. When we got to zone meeting we were greeted by our awesome zone leaders and the other elders in our district. We all waited for the other elders and for the first time in the area we have sisters! Well first to get there was one of my favorite elders, Elder Parkinson, the guy is so funny it's crazy and his faith is so strong. In the zone meeting we learned a lot about goal setting and how it's so amazing to set goals but we also should set them as things we can actually reach. There's a constant trend in the mission field to set a goal that has some big number that will wow the crowds. And although it might do that at first, the person soon comes to realize where they’re at and that their goal is almost unreachable. They struggle and stress out to meet the goal all to come up short in the end. The point of a goal is not to make us feel inadequate, down or even disappointed but to make us feel joyful, pleased and grateful for the opportunity. We set goals that are something that we know we can do but that is still challenging. It’s also something that we learned at the final sessions of General Conference the past weekend.

I'm so thankful for the O’hara family and the opportunity to spend time with them and their family for General Conference. We had these killer blueberry pancakes with bacon and eggs for breakfast and oh my gosh… so good! This conference session made me really grateful for the mothers and leaders in my life. The talk by, Elder Jeffery R. Holland, that was given about mothers had a profound effect on me. It was said that once a mother has her first child, she then realizes her life truly isn’t just her own anymore. I'm so thankful for my mom and the wonderful and beautiful spirit she has. How at any moment that I need or needed her she was right there to comfort me and help me through it. I love her with all my heart and wouldn't want anyone else to be my mom. Along with that I've learned a lot of things that I needed from this conference if you haven't watched it yet I suggest you do.

Thank you so much for checking in guys! Have a great week!!
~Elder Tidwell



Just being awesome...

My Zone! Best ever!!
At the O'hara's!!


A place called Fazolies! So good!!

Why, yes I did find myself an ugly Christmas sweater at the Goodwill!
Zone pics



We had a full car!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment